Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pizza Pockets

 
 
So, what do you do when you have a can of crescent rolls that's about to expire and you need a quick dinner?  Tonight, my first instinct was to take the tried & true pig-in-blanket route--but alas, there are currently no hot dogs in my refrigerator!  I also have a great creamy chicken pocket recipe (that I will have to remember to post on here soon!)--but only frozen chicken that I wasn't in the mood to thaw & cook.  SO...I started digging around for something that sounded like it would taste good wrapped up in a crescent roll.  (Although, let's be honest--what WOULDN'T taste good wrapped in a crescent roll, right?)  I decided to get a little creative with some pizza-making ingredients left over from the weekend and pizza pockets were born!  I added a nice salad on the side and VOILA!  Dinner in about 20 minutes! 
 
AND it got a thumb's up from my toughest little food critic! :-)
 
 
 
Here are the ingredients I dug up:
 
 
(SIDENOTE: If you have a Publix in your area and you are a feta cheese fan, give their basil & tomato feta a whirl...it is to DIE for!!)
 


Pizza Pockets

(Serves 4)

Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls
pizza sauce
shredded cheese
desired pizza toppings
(Optional topping -- garlic powder & grated Parmesean cheese)

1.  Preheat oven to 375.
2.  Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles on a cookie sheet & press seams together.
3.  Spread a pizza sauce, cheese, & desired toppings on each rectangle.
4.  Fold in sides of crescent rolls to create a pocket & press seams together to seal in the filling.
5.  Sprinkle a little garlic powder & Parmesean cheese on top before baking for a little added flavor.
6.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment