Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crustless Quiche Muffins

Now this particular recipe resulted from a range of ideas and other similar recipes.  I am a fan of quiche, but it seems like it always takes FOREVER to bake...no fun when you are starving for brunch after church and you have a crazed toddler running around!  So I came across a pin on a friend's board on Pinterest that was for making a quick "to-go" breakfast for weekday mornings using Egg Beaters and toppings in a muffin pan.  So when I was looking for something to whip up for brunch after church this morning, I thought why not try this out with all of the usual ingredients for quiche?  Cooks faster, much easier to get out of the pan, AND I can put them in baggies to grab for a quick on-the-go breakfast...win-win-win!

So here's how it all came together:



Crustless Quiche Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

8-10 eggs
3/4-ish cup milk or half & half (I used a bit of both because I didn't have much half & half left)
omelet/quiche-like toppings (I used chopped bacon, Roma tomatoes (which are great b/c they don't have too much juice), and Vidalia onions and then topped with cheddar cheese because that's what I had on hand)

1.  GREASE a muffin pan.  (Be very thorough!)
2.  Beat eggs & milk together and divide among muffin cups (fill about 3/4 full)
3.  Add toppings.
4.  Bake for 30 min. at 375 degrees.

Notes for next time:
1.  Perhaps cut up a pre-made Pillsbury pie crust to put underneath each muffin to make a true mini-quiche in a little pie shell.
2.  Add a little salt & pepper (ended up sprinkling it on to taste after...wasn't sure how much salt the bacon was going to add already)
3.  More grease in the pan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment